Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Chapter Three

I got over my fussiness about the way Mr. Keener writes and came to the understanding that obviously no one knows exactly what happened in the first century. We're all just trying to learn all we can about the heart of our God. I enjoyed my reading more as I remembered that I'm just trying to learn different thoughts on the topic we're studying. I enjoyed reading about Eve as I've always felt a little sorry for her. I've always felt that she just wanted to be more like God and be closer to him. Satan deceived her - just like he deceives me.

My favorite line in Chapter 3 is in the conclusion.

"We trust inner conviction and the fruit of holy lives and teaching and faithfulness to that call, and if the evidences are insufficient demonstration of divine calling in the case of our sisters, how shall we attest our own?"

I'm moving on to Chapter 4 with a better attitude... I hope.

1 comment:

Lara said...

I'm glad to see someone is still reading. I was hit with some good fiction over my vacay last couple weeks and strayed from my study book. I vow this week to catch up and post again. Somebody hold me to it!!!

By the way, Deidre has had to pull out due to family issues that must take a front seat at this time. Thought I'd let you know. I'm sure she would appreciate your prayers.